Sunday, September 29, 2013

Reminiscing

As I sit here, in bed, on this rainy Sunday I reminisce about the past week and a half.

My weeks have been very busy on my current project.  Working 11 hours a day, maybe more depending on code deployments and migrations.  Getting calls at random hours of the night to begin testing.  The reason is because out project go-live date is October 1st!

I know for a fact that I will continue traveling to Portland until October 25th.  We have been requested to stay through November 22 (which I'm thankful it's not over Thanksgiving week).  I will be speaking with my boss tomorrow morning to discuss the extension and the travel.  

This weekend, Heidi and I were supposed to go to Seattle for a weekend getaway.  Unfortunately there were going to be record rains for this time of year so we canceled the trip and stayed in Portland for the weekend.  So, instead, we drove the short distance to Woodburn, OR to visit the large outlet mall there.  I ended up purchasing a new piece of luggage because of all the shopping I've done while I've been here.  I wouldn't have been able to fit all of my items into my suitcase so there was a need for a new one :)

Tonight, Heidi and I are going to the restaurant Touche in downtown Portland.  I'm excited to try this new spot and to do a little more exploring of what Portland has to offer me.
Found a chocolate store at Woodburn Outlet, and this Tiger Tail was delicious!
Last night I enjoyed the many Snapchats my great friend Kyle sent me :)  His sister got married yesterday and during the celebration there may have been a few too many beverages!  I had to capture this gem of Kyle and his mother Ann.  His caption cracks me up!
And to close this blog post with the most joyous thing in my life, my sweet, active, and on-the-go niece.








1 comment:

  1. Omg, I can't believe you have to live there until October 25th!! That's insane!!

    ReplyDelete